JamesI
JamesI, Engineer
Experience:  With over 15 years in the IT industry I can answer your questions about thermal, laser and deskjet printers.
75967336

Canon Pixma MP470 5years old never had any problem now Error

Customer Question

Canon Pixma MP470 5years old never had any problem now Error 5800 'Ink absorber full, service required.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rodger,

Its a rather fidley job to remove the absorber pads, though its not the same model the process shown here is similar for your model.

In essence you need to open the lid, which should move the the cartridge to the centre, unplug the machine.

Then look for the small sponges which are normally black in colour and you need to lift them clear, the video uses a spatula\chop stick but I normally use a long skewer, you can then give them a good wash, make sure they are bone dry then rebed them, then plug the printer back in and hold down the power button for around 40 seconds for it to clear the error message.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.
Hi Roger,I havent heard back from you please let me know if you have any follow on questions.So I can claim payment from JA for answering your question, I would appreciate if you can rate the service received using the star rating on the question page.RegardsJames
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Roger,

I havent heard back from you please let me know if you have any follow on questions.

So I can claim payment from JA for answering your question, I would appreciate if you can rate the service received using the star rating on the question page.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.
Hi Roger,I havent heard back from you and just wanted to follow up to see if you needed any further assistance, please rate the service received using the Just Answer page.regardsJames
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Roger,

I havent heard back from you and just wanted to follow up to see if you needed any further assistance, please rate the service received using the Just Answer page.

regards

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.
Hi Roger, I havent heard back from you and just wanted to follow up to see if you needed any further assistance, please rate the service received using the Just Answer page. regards James
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Roger,

regards

James