Sudipto
Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

Canon pixma ip4500 when connected to canon eos camera by

Customer Question

canon pixma ip4500
when connected to canon eos camera by cable to print gets to set and a message comes on camera screen'no printhead.' Printer flashes orange below on switch.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 8 months ago.

When a printer error occurs, the ALARM lamp flashes orange . The number of flashes indicates the type of error that has occurred. If you check very carefully, you will notice that the light turns off for a sec or two and then, start to blink again, please count the flashes between that gap and let me know. How many times the light is flashing ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry i have not replied - been at work.there are five flashes orange at .repeating intervals.
Regards,
Tony Holmes.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

I am also sorry for the late reply. 5 flashes indicate a faulty printhead or possibly a problem with the p/head contacts. Try removing the head which is easier if you take the cartridges out first(no tools required) and re-seat it having checked the contacts for dirt. Clean the contacts on the printhead with a lint free cloth and IP alcohol, before reseating it. If the problem persists then, unfortunately, the printhead is defective and you have to replace it to solve the problem. You can get the printhead from any online shop like ebay etc. But, check the price of new printer also, before getting a new printhead. Let me know, if you need any further help otherwise, please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

How to remove printhead.

With power on, you lift the lid like you are changing ink, you remove all the inks and then lift the gray handle to release the printhead. It tips toward you at the top and lifts out. When you replace it you set the bottom first then tip it back and lower the handle.