Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

My brother MFC J6520 DW does not recognise new installed

Customer Question

my brother MFC J6520 DW does not recognise new installed black cartridge- we are using original Brother cartridge - the printer keeps showing message cannot detect black cartridge. Spent over an hour trying to sort- including switching off printer for 15 minutes and then turning on again but still no joy- Please are you able to help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Hi Peter,

This issue is one of two things: a bad cartridge or a bad print head.

Have you tried using another black cartridge?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i have tried this- still does not work. Is the print head of the printer- if so the printer is only 3 weeks old- I think best thing is to return it and request a replacement
Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Peter,

If the printer is only 3 weeks old then it is covered under warranty and I would recommend returning it back to the store.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
very disappointed with response- is this the best "technical" reply for the fee I paid?
I should not have bothered to ask you in the first instance as taking the printer back to the shop would have been the obvious answer and I would not have required a technical response. I will not be using this service again and will not recommend to anyone else.
Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Peter,

I understand your disappointment since it has to be returned under warranty but please understand that I can only provide accurate information even if it requires the user to send it back for repair/replacement.