Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I cannot connect my MG4250 printer to laptop, don't know the

Customer Question

i cannot connect my MG4250 printer to laptop, don't know the pass phase
Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it's a Canon mg4250 and under two years
Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: macbook air / OS X VERSION 10.9.5
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: disconnected for a month ish
Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that all
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?
Do you also have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was able to connect the printer to my laptop so we can close this enquiry. Regards JIm

Great, I'm glad you got it working now. Do you still need help retrieving your Wi-Fi / wireless password, so that you can use it on any new wireless device, such as a laptop, a tablet, a smartphone, a new printer, etc., in the future? And/or do you need with any other computer question / issue?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you for the update.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When you say wireless password ***** you mean passphase because that is what is missing and i don't know how to obtain it

That's correct. Passphrase means wireless word. I can help you retrieve your wireless password (passphrase) for you. First, please let me know the following:

1. What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?
2. Do you also have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No thank you i'll just leave it as is

You're welcome. OK, though you will need to know your wireless password (passphrase) in the future if you have a new wireless device, or if your family or friends come over and they need to use your wireless internet on the laptops or tablets, etc., then they need your wireless password.

You can always get back to me if you need any computer / electronic help. Thank you.