Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer HP Deskjet F380 lights up with the appropriate

Customer Question

my printer HP Deskjet F380 lights up with the appropriate signals, but there have been problems with the sheet feeding mechanism and now it won't print at all. Please hel-
Sheena Sturrock ***@******.***
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 3 months ago.

Hello. I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can solve your problem.

Does your machine work as a copier? If so, that would rule out any mechanical problems with the sheet feeding mechanism.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you. My printer is meant to copy as well, but is not functioning. I put through one sheet to be copied, but it emerged blank from the printer.
What does the orange warning light by the on/off switch mean?
Would be grateful for further advice. Sheena Sturrock

Hello Sheena. I apologize or the delay. I have been offline for the last two days

To answer your question, I have checked the manual regarding the lights. The power button lights when the power is on. I do not know the color.

There are four other lights in a line as follows, starting with the light nest to the power button, as follows:

1. Power Light

2. Check Paper Light

3. Check Print Cartridge Light

4a. Pain Paper Type

4b. Photo Paper Type

If the power light is blinking, the printer is busy.

Here is a screen shot of the meaning assigned to the lights:

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Dear ***** thank you for your response and for the lights response sheet. I have tried to print this, the print command responded, but the feeder took in two sheets of paper, the dial has shown 'empty' because there were no sheets left. The two bot***** *****ghts are on and blinking. I will read your reply again and try. I may write again later. Am not sure I would follow a phone conversation. Will that cost another £21 on top of the £18 I have already committed? Sheena Sturrock