Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Have just installed it, entered date etc, but stuck at item

Customer Question

Have just installed it, entered date etc, but stuck at item 12, haven't been able to confirm the tanks are filled, and the instructions tell me to consult the manual. Have tried pressing the icon to start, but nothing moves.
Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Brand new today. ET 3600
Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: would be a mac on safari
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had to move the printer, which i did carefully, before the set up procedure had finished. I feel I interrupted something and can't correct it.
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: The paper holder is also not inlace, as having put the paper in, I can't slot it back in, so have left it out for the moment.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 4 months ago.

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Please disconnect the power cable and press and hold the power button for about two minutes. Then reconnect the power cabe and turn on the printer. Please let me know if this fixes the problem.