Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Sorry I lost touch. My printer Epson sx515W has disconnected

Customer Question

Sorry I lost touch. My printer Epson sx515W has disconnected having first gone off line I have tried through control panel and Devices and printers but cant find a way through
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Possibly 4 years
Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 48hours. I looked in control panel and printers. Although th printer is there and says disconnected I cant find a way to reverse it
Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it prints a copy from the glass
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
WIRELESS CONNECTION
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
tHE TOUCHPAD IS NOT RESPONDING BUT THE MOUSE IS.

Thank you. Please try the following first:

1. Disconnect the power cord(s) from your Internet modem / router device(s) for about 3 minutes, then reconnect.
  2. Turn off the printer, then disconnect the power cord from the printer for about 2 minutes. Then reconnect, then turn the printer back on.
  3. Wait about 5 minutes, then see if you can print now.

- If that does not work, press Setup (the screwdriver / wrench icon) on the printer, then use the Left / Right Arrow buttons to select option Network Settings, and then press OK, then continue selecting option Wireless LAN Setup, then option Setup Wizard. Then select / connect to your Wi-Fi / wireless network name, and check. Does it connect successfully on printer's screen or fail?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
doesn't connect and asks me to enter key for AES

Key for AES means your Wi-Fi / wireless password. Do you know it? Your wireless passphrase / key / password ***** be located at the back / bottom of your internet modern / router device. It is case-sensitive.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I haven't a keyboard on the printer. where do I type the AES
  • Use the Up or Down arrow button to assign a character (e.g. a letter or number) in each character field, using the Right arrow button to move to the next character field.
  • You can use the Menu button to change between character sets i.e. ABC, abc, 123.
  • To go back to a character input field, use the Left arrow button. Press [-] to delete a character.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It reverts to asking me to enter key for AES when I was expecting a connection confirmation

I'm sorry. Were you able to enter your exact Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** key? If yes, what happens when you select OK (or Done, etc.) after entering the password? Does it connect or fail?
What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?
Do you also have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was able to enter the wireless password *****
After entering 'done' it reverts back to the beginning and asks me to enter password *****
Router: Talktalk 230450
my machine is a laptop working on Windows 10 and connected by wireless to internet and working ok have also an Ipad working ok
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Sorry but it is not clear, did you remove the power to your wifi router for 5 minutes?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did remove the power from my router for 5mins
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Is it still offline?