Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

We have an Officejet HP printer which keeps saying that"

Customer Question

Hi we have an Officejet HP printer which keeps saying that " remove paper and other matirials from out put bin" but there is nothing there to obstruct.thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the error recurs after 1 print, either you have defective control circuitry in the printer, or else the sensor switch for the paper output area is sticking in the 'active' or 'paper-sensed' position, when pushed into that position by the passage of paper into the output bin.

Check for such a swinging or switch-like sensor in the output bin or paper output area of the printer. Make sure it is not fouled, sticking, broken, or otherwise defective to a visual examination.

After that... your printer may need service-repairing, I'm sorry to say. But, if it were still less than one year old, HP should pay for that repair for you.

Let me know what you find upon examining the printer's output bin area. Let me know what you think, how old the printer is, what your priorities are, and I will help you further with advice, as needed.