Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Error message 5B00 on my cannon printer Assistant: Has your

Customer Question

hi error message 5B00 on my cannon printer
Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: no never and its about 12 month old
Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc windows
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it kept saying ink tank nearly full so ive been using a napkin to soak it up but now it wont do anything
Assistant: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: i use edible inks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hi i've done that and no its not operating correctly
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no it wont move the ink carriage across so i can take it out
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

remove the power and move it to the middle by hand please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i'm unable to do that as it wont move and the carriage is too far under the housing unit
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

use a screwdriver to wedge it out please it will come out

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
nope its definitely not coming out
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

thats the poblem then

It is the internal drive assembly that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.