Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I've got a Canon MG2400 printer and it says the overflow is

Customer Question

Hi GuysI've got a Canon MG2400 printer and it says the overflow is full and has a error code of 1700 come up, how do i deal with thisThanks
David
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 15 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That means that the ink absorber pads are estimated by the printer to be full of waste ink, to an extent requiring replacement of the pads in question.

Ink absorber pads are little bits of absorbent spongy material which is in the lowest reaches of your printer. Waste ink from the printhead eventually makes its way down to the pads, where it is held by the pads, which absorb it.

When they are judged full, the printer stops until they are replaced. This prevents possible backing up of the lower ink system with waste ink.

Would you like to hear about how the ink absorbers may be replaced?

Also, an ink absorber reset may be done on the printer, which will let it operate a bit longer, until you get the absorber pads replaced, or replace the printer. Would you be interested in that reset procedure?