Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I have a new Canon TS6051 printer but am unable to reproduce

I have a new Canon TS6051 printer but am unable to reproduce my camera or screen colours on A5 paper. Using Canon "Image Garden" I can get roughly the colour I want but there is no option for A5 paper.
If I use the my Macbook print menu the colours come out too red and the options for changing the settings (e.g. Color Sync) are impossible to understand and anyway do not seem to alter the end result.
Help would be greatly appreciated
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 30 days ago.

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Regarding the paper size limitation of My Image Garden, have you checked to see if it has a Custom Size? If it does, you can define it to 5.8" x 8.3" and accommodate A5 that way.

About the color settings on your MacBook, if you can refer me to the online instructions that are difficult to understand and app;ym, perhaps I can make sense out of them.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hi Joel
No, there doesn't seem to be an option of "custom size" in Image Garden.
The colour settings I found in the online manual can be seen athttp://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/M/TS6000%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_color_correction.htmlI've tried printing from Preview, Photos and from Google Photos all with the same result. The photos have a reddish tinge which was not on photos printed with my previous Canon Pixma MG6450. I have a returns policy on my new printer, which I will use if I can't get it to work as I want.
Your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Michael
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 29 days ago.

Canon provides 800-page manuals that basically don't say anything. Have you tried moving the secondary color sliders to adjust the primary colors in the printed images? (More Cyan equals less red.) Here is the link to the page that shows how to select Color Options in the printer dialog box:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/M/TS6000%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_color_balance.html

Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 28 days ago.

If you have any questions or have problems with this advice, please let me know so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my services.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Hi Joel
I changed the colour in the settings (less cyan) but then most of my photos turned out too blue. It's not a solution to adjust the sliders for each photo you print. I'll read the instructions in the link you sent and see how I get on. It may be easiest to get prints done online. But sad, all my previous printers printers produced colours more or less as shown on the computer screen.
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 26 days ago.

Roger that. Please let me know if you have a breakthrough.