Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Wont Print. Support Code comes up in Red with a note to

Wont Print. Support Code comes up in Red with a note to Contact Service Centre
Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Support Code 6000 MX 925
Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Came up yesterday as I was trying to print from my Ipad in another room.. I always print from there and nothing has changed but this message and failure to print
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: no. The orange fault light in the triangle continues to flash.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 27 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
no it hasn't cleared but a new code has appeared 6001
Expert:  Richard replied 27 days ago.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.
then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.
Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.
Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes
Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please
This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Richard ,many thanks. After I had completed cleaning I noticed some paper to the right of the inks in the corner I then found a paper jam at the rear. Why didn't it give the usual error message for this as Ive noticed it has happened several times in the past when using duplex printing.
I'm now trying to copy and keep getting the message no paper in the lower cassertte..but there is .Support code 1008.
suppose there is another paper problem. wont keep you any longer unless you have a further suggestion!!!
many thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 27 days ago.

Is it printing though ok? Just Copy now that fails?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
It would do as the error is cleared, thanks. But for some reason it doesn't seem to want to pick up the paper!! Ill have to try and sort that.....or get a new printer!!
Expert:  Richard replied 27 days ago.

Ok, I would try to clean the rollers on it first else it is possible the rollers are too worn to wrk properly anymore

Thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thanks Richard ...5 Stars