Eric
Eric, Freelance PC Technician
Experience:  I am an Android App Developer with a strong knowledge of Personal Electronic Devices.
57442719

Locked out of my Samsung galaxy s7 edge mobile using

Customer Question

locked out of my Samsung galaxy s7 edge mobile using direction arrow
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
cannot use phone at all only for emergency calls - not being rude but you are taking your time feeding back to me -
Expert:  Eric replied 26 days ago.

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.
Expert:  Eric replied 26 days ago.

Good afternoon,

Are you locked out because you have forgotten your PIN/Password ***** Pattern?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
To access my phone I have to draw a series of directions using an arrow symbol - but I cannot remember what I did. I have to swipe in the the correct direction this could be up, down , left and right - like following an arrow
Expert:  Eric replied 26 days ago.

Yes, that is called the "Pattern Lock." If you have forgotten it, the only way back into the phone, is to do a complete reset of the device. If you give me just a moment, I will provide you with the instructions.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Expert:  Eric replied 26 days ago.

When you are locked out, the ONLY way back in is to reset the phone--this is a security measure in case you lose the phone or it is stolen. Follow the steps below to reset. When you start the phone, it will be brand new again, and ask you to enter your Google account. Put in the same account that is on it now, and most of your Data will re-sync, including contacts, etc. Anything on the SD card will not be erased when resetting.

Expert:  Eric replied 26 days ago.
  • With your Galaxy S7 turned off, press and hold the Power, Home, and Volume Up buttons at the same time.
  • Keep holding down Power, Home, and Volume Up until you see ‘Recovery Booting’ at the top of your screen (in the case of my Exynos S7, a scary dancing Android robot). When you see that, then you can let go of the buttons.
  • Now please wait a moment while it boots into Recovery Mode.
  • Once you’re in Recovery Mode, you will see a list of options.
  • Scroll down using the Volume Down button until ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’ is selected.
  • Push the Power Button to select this option.
  • It will ask you to confirm.
  • Press the Volume Down button to select ‘Yes’ and confirm the reset.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I cannot switch phone off I have to draw a series of arrows - I cant believe this - going to take battery out that should do it
Expert:  Eric replied 26 days ago.

Press and hold down the power button for up to 1 minute, without letting go, and the phone should shut off.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
The problem I have to unlock my phone hasn't been resolved. I have been informed by my Network provider 02 it may have to be sent back to manufacturer for them to sort.I did everything you instructed. My phone blocked me and has only just come back to life - and it still says to draw arrows.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I did not receive a telephone call from the technician this time my problems have not been resolved
Expert:  Eric replied 26 days ago.

I tried calling when you requested it, but the call was not answered. Would you like to try again?

Expert:  Eric replied 26 days ago.

We're you able to get the phone to turn off?