Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair
59725966

Jammed paper... took it all out... followed the instructions

Customer Question

Hi Jammed paper... took it all out... followed the instructions but still showing error 6000
Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon mx925
Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: mac
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just now... printer is just a few months old
Assistant: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 28 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

This is a “diffuse” message which simply denotes an internal fault (line feed fault). That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.
First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Then remove the input paper supply.

Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the Inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Next remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage. Next take a piece of heavy paper like card stock and push that through the rollers (feed path) to dislodge any last bits of paper that may be stuck.

Slide the paper guides to the center then back out, fan the front edge of the paper stack, and replace the paper supply.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Nathan

Expert:  Nathan replied 28 days ago.

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.

Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders my ability to reply.

Please reply back here on this page when ready.

Nathan

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
OK got it fixed finally without using your suggested solution. I know printer are set so that after xx number of copies it keep delivering a message to go back to the shop to push the owner to buy a new printer.... This is a known fact... and this happened to me before.Thanks anyway for your help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 28 days ago.

You did not state anything about it giving a message requiring repairs, which is not related to the error you indicated.

Expert:  Nathan replied 22 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?