Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My Lexmark Interact S605 is telling me there is a paper jam

Customer Question

My Lexmark Interact S605 is telling me there is a paper jam in the Duplex. I have passed a card right through and nothing came out and it has made no difference.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 21 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suspect that either there is a paper presence sensor switch stuck in the position that it occupies when a piece of paper is present, in the area of the Duplexer, or perhaps, that there is a fault in the control circuitry that interprets signals from the sensors, and it is sending a false signal.

Try pulling the power plug on your printer while it is On.

Then leave it that way, unpowered, for 20 minutes or longer.

Then plug it in again, and try it again.

If that does not cure it, try shaking up the duplexer, to hope to dislodge a possible stuck sensor switch. (Admittedly this would not be easy - but examination of that area for such a stuck paper presence switch might be even harder to do. Try whatever can be done.)

Let me know how that goes, please.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
No luck, I am afraid. I have ordered a compressed air can to see if that helps.

That's another thing to try, yes. Or an air compressor for a bicycle's tires, applied cautiously, might also do for this.

If you need more help, let me know.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It was never a paper jam. It was a machine logic problem. I noticed that if after switching off and switching on if there was paper in the printer it would pull it through. Now what I had not appreciated that it was trying to send the paper through the duplex but I retrieved the paper instead. When I left it and let it do its thing, the error message went away!
Expert:  Russell H. replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for letting me know. It sounds as if you found a way around a problem, rather than that there is no problem with the printer whatever. But if the 'fix' you found works, why analyze it? Good for you for finding it. And thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.