Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Epson 1400 A3 Inkjet: switches on and begins the usual ink

Epson 1400 A3 Inkjet: switches on and begins the usual ink cartridge flow tests and then suddenly the green ON button goes out and the upper two start flashing red. I switch off power and cannot switch on again for around twenty minutes. And why would I as the same cycle starts up.
It has been connected to a new Windows 10 computer for six weeks on which the Epson 1400 software has updated twice. It printed on the first couple of times but not since. Puzzled of Cambridge (Chris B)

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Richard, hi. Understood and have done that and left it ten-fifteen minutes before switching on, this time minus paper loaded. This time the the ink container did its usual troll up and down before coming to rest, at which point both the on-off button and the next button up were flashing green and red respectively. The top button was not illuminated at this point. However, it still would not reach readyto print function even though there was a document all primped and prepared to go. I made sure all the ink cartridges were firmly sited. No change though. At which point the top button now also illuminated red and was flashing away with the other two. Then started writing this reply. Chris