Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Error code 0xF1 on Epson xp425 printer tried switching off

Customer Question

error code 0xF1 on Epson xp425 printer tried switching off and unplugging no joy
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Epson XP-425 approx. 2 years old
Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am on windows 10 laptop
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Photocopying using printer as it also copies and can scan
Assistant: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The bar that passes across the lid to make the copy is stuck half way across
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Unplug the printer from the power, while it is On.

Leave it that way, for at least 20 minutes, to cool down and rest/reset.

Then plug it in to power again. Turn it On if it doesn't turn itself On... give it time to initialize.

If the error is gone, well and good, and please rate my work and my answer. If not gone, please Reply telling me how old the printer is, and any other details that seem relevant, and I will have further suggestions as to what to do.