Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have error 6000 on my Pixma MX925. I've tried turning on

I have error 6000 on my Pixma MX925. I've tried turning on and off and unplugging but can't think of anything else to try!

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No change, I fear. Still code 6000.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can't remove the ink - the carriage on which the cartridges are mounted is recessed and I can find no mechanical way to move it.

Ok, you will need to move it by force, please disconnect the power cable then move it by hand to a point you can remove the ink from it please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No - OK I have managed it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Had to go out to get Q-Tips (cotton buds). But in fact the carriage that holds the ink cartridges is perfectly clean - cotton bud is barely stained.

Ok, now try to power it on and tell me how it functions please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No change.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK - thanks. Sadly out of warranty.