cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have worked on printers at my job for over 7 years.
20109878

Canon MX925 with error code 6000 Assistant: Has your Canon

Canon MX925 with error code 6000
Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No 3 years, i changed ink cartridges, did a deep clean then i got this message the little lights are not on where the ink cartridges go either have tried to the resetting this it doesn't work still?
Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac \
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: El Capitan
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: no ...?

Try this:

.Turn printer offThen move the print head by hand.It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.Move it back and forth across the bar a few timesThen move it one more time to the middle of the barPlug the machine back in and turn it on.Give it a few minutes to detect the print head and re-calibrate it.

Also make sure nothing is blocking your paper path or any loose paper that might be inside the printer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That information was free on the internet i was hoping for a little more insight to this ... that is why i paid £18 .... it did not work..

Since you have done all of the above have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling printer. Also make sure all of your drivers are updated for the printer.

Also take out the ink, turn off the printer, then turn it back on and insert the ink back in.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I have done all that and now the code has gone to 6001...

Have you tried disconnecting the power cord then reconnecting it back.

Both codes are coming out on Canon printers. Both codes deal with everything we have done above.

At this point I have researched more and everyone that has gotten code has had to either return the model or invested in a new one.

We have tried everything there is to get rid of the codes.

The only other thing you can do is this which I am pretty sure you have done:

Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord and USB cable.

2. Remove paper from the automatic sheet feeder (in the back).

3. Gently pull jammed paper out, if any.

3-1. If paper is visible from the ASF, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.

3-2. If paper is visible from the paper output slot, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.

4. If the paper tears and a piece of that remains inside the printer, open the printer cover and remove the paper from inside the printer.

5. Check ASF with a bright light to check for obstructions. Remove any if found.

6. Open the rear cover to check if the paper is jammed.

7. Pull out the cassette and check if the paper is jammed inside the cassette area.

8. Load paper back into the ASF or cassette.

9. Reconnect the power cord, turn on the printer and confirm that the Alarm light is off. (If there was any jammed paper remaining in the printer, the paper may be automatically ejected.)

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Ok thanks tried all that... def wont buy a Cannon again only 2.5 years old :(

Yes they are getting a lot of those codes and customers are returning them. If you have tried all of the above instructions I am sorry to say you might have to invest in a new one (different from Canon).

Please RATE 4 stars or above and I will close the ticket.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Thanks but i had already sourced most of the ideas myself... it is very frustrating, single business owner.. have tried everything.. just get fed up of things going on landfill instead of being more fixable... but thanks for trying