Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

It is just printing blank pages. It is a Cannon MG6300

Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is about 3 years old. It has been doing this for the past few weeks but today I have to sort it out
Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC sorry not good on tech side. Could you suggest some operating systems
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just stopped printing. I thought it was the ink so I have replaced most of them
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: I have used it for scanning recently and I wondered if that had done something to it

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi I have unplugged and will try the pinter in a couple of minutes

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi it is still just sending out blank pages

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK but I can't do this right now. I will have a go about 5pm today if that is OK.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I hope that is OK with you - I did put in this question first thing yesterday when I had time to deal with it

Ok, I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK