Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I am a sole trader with an epson WF7620 printer which i use

I am a sole trader with an epson WF7620 printer which i use for my business.
It has suddenly stopped using the Cyan cartridge when printing in colour. The cartridges are not empty. The machine acknowledges that the cartidges are all correctly fitted - but no blue ink emerges at all - e.g. in print head checks.
Any suggestions?
I am in Clapham, SW4 8AE

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Printer power is off. Will get back to you about 1315

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Your instructions have been carried out! Still no cyan at all. It's warning me that yellow and magenta are low, but I can't see that is relevant (I am an engineer too). No other error messages

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Your instruction understood - but I shall have to nip out and get some q-tips. My wife doesn't use make up! Will get back to you about 1430

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Richard. Done all that. I also cleaned off the adjacent ink and checked that both the little probes which poke into the ink cartridges look the same. They do. A conical top with four holes around it. No foreign bodies found. but....sadly, no change on the printing front. Absolutely no Cyan ink getting through.

Ok, can you replace the cartridge now and tell me if that allows it then to print?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Have done as you suggest. When I do print head nozzle check it prints out eight parallel lines for each colour, sloping down the page. For Cyan I now get most of the first line, a few bits of the second, and a quarter of the seventh line. When I first called you i was getting nothing at all! I have also tried photocopying a sheet of completely blue paper. This results in a print with a few blue lines - a bit like a school exercise book.

You cleaned out the Cyan too the point that there was no more ink showing on the Qtip correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well, not exactly. I cleaned it out until it looked like the adjacent one, which I had cleaned out. I'll repeat the procedure until i get no more blud on the q-tip.

thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK I have to get on with some real work now and will deal with the printer this evening. I'm not disappearing - just busy.

I understand, I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.