carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

I have a Sagemcom freeview + HD box RT198-320 T2 UK and have

Customer Question

I have a Sagemcom freeview + HD box RT198-320 T2 UK and have been using it with a Themescene projector model HD70 for at least 9 months with no problems.
Suddenly it would not work with the projector and just showed no signal to the projector.
I connected the box to my Samsung tv and it works a treat. I then connected the projector to my DVD player and this works excellently.
I then asked a technician to look at the set up and he tried all the combinations of TV DVD and projector and was unable to provide an explanation as to why the Freeview box would not work with the projector. He then connected the scart socket to the Video in socket on the projector and all worked ok, however the picture quality via the scart socket is poor.
Any answers please, the technician said all he could think of was that your box had been updated with new software that caused it to not have the proper protocol with the projector in HD mode.
Category: Projectors
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is Carl and I will help with your question.

How was the freeview box connected to the projector was it using HDMI?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the freeview box was connected by hdmi cable(more than one) and no signal but ok when connected by scart to the video in of the projector

Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

I have been researching your problem and I was hoping to find a firmware update for your projector in case it is a software problem with the projector. I am unable to find any updates.

I think it could be a handshake problem with the freeview box and the projector that is likely to have been caused by a software upgrade to the freeview box as your technician suggested.

The only thing I would suggest trying is a different hdmi leads sometime the hdmi lead can cause problems with hdmi handshakes and protocols.

The projector does have a 3 year warranty on it, if the projector is less than 3 years old you could send it away for repair/testing and firmware upgrade.

Carl