Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech.
33243543

I have a brand new infocus in124sta projector. When plugged

I have a brand new infocus in124sta projector. When plugged in the power light blinks blue and the lamp will not come on. The manual is no help. What is wrong?
Category: Projectors
Expert:  dukey01 replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Are you pressing the Power button, on the projector, for 5 to 10 seconds to start the lamp?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Sorry for delayed reply, do you still need assistance for projector issue?
If so, do you get any other light (temp & lamp) flashing or solid when blue power light stop flashing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, so power blue light just flash for some time then stop and no other light turn On when press power button on projector?
Is the projector under warranty?
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Can you resend your reply as nothing appear here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. Under warranty. I have done all the things you suggest already.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
I understand, it seems projector has internal defect like ballast supply board isn't providing high volts to lamp for some reason to fire it up or any cooling fan isn't running properly and causing the problem.
Since no other light (lamp and temp) turn On shows fault would be minor in projector but we can't open it up for further troubleshooting because it will void the warranty so please return the projector to store and ask for replacement unit to resolve the issue as opening the projector will invalid the warranty.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech.