Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a panasonic 5000e projector and i have noticed loNoticed

Customer Question

I have a panasonic 5000e projector and i have noticed lo
Noticed lots of white spots on screen and its very annoying
When yr tyrying to watch something can u
Tell me what it is Its has 1777 hrs on lamp
Category: Projectors
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, These whit dots are something that cannot be cleaned off, and are actually a failure of the DLP chip in the projector. This chip uses thousands of tiny mirrors to product the image, and the dots that you're seeing are these mirrors falling off the chip. These symptoms also occur with DLP TV's that use the same Texas Instruments chip and DLP lamp. The only way to remove those little white spots or "Stars" as they are commonly referred to is to have the chip replaced. This is on average $200 for the chip and another $200 for labor. If you'd like you can use the link below to locate a tech: http://www.projectorrepair.com/ If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi there

thanks for getting back to me would this be covered in the warranty

as I took out a 5 year one with panasonic

thanks

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome. If you're still covered under warranty, then indeed it would be. The chip is not something that is supposed to fail- it's a design error from the makers of the chip. I would suggest contacting Panasonic and presenting them with these details and the warranty info. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click a 5 star rating for my efforts? It is my livelihood.