Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Construction blocking garage

Customer Question

The people who bought the house next door are remodelling and their builders despite numerous requests continue to block the entire front of my house several times a day with their skip removal truck to the point that I can not exit or enter my garage or front door. Can I stop them parking there (double yellow lines on mews street in Kensington ) ?
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Please find an answer
Expert:  WendyW-Mod replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Regards,
Wendy
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 5 years ago.
Thank your for your question. I will try to help with this.

If this genuinely does block your exit to the public highway then that is obstructing the highway and that is an offence for which the police can issue a fixed penalty fine.

Its not likely that the local Council would be interested unfortunately as its the police's remit but certainly they can take action if there is a genuine obstruction.

Hope this helps.