Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have had a flat roof installed after paying half the quote

Customer Question

I have had a flat roof installed after paying half the quote of £1460.00.It was finally done after 3 months wait.I work away from home and paid the balance of £1460.00 by bank transfer.We had torrential rain and wind last friday.Water was coming into the kitchen ceiling,down the wall.I rang the roofer(BRICKMAGIC)who said he would send a man round the next day,he never turned up.He sent me the number of the director of Brickmagic who said he would come round to see the problem,he also said he thought it was not a problem with the roof.When i went up to have a look it was obvious a part of the facia had not been sealed.What are ny rights?Obviously the problem needs prompt attention.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
Thank your for your question. I will try to help with this.

Do you have a specific problem with this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

After paying half of the total invoice on the 17.08.12 i was promised completion within 3 weeks,it was not complete until November '12.The company "brickmagic"have dragged the completion out and after paying the balance seem reluctant to come to sort the problem.Obviously this is a serious problem and effects my insurance because my house has to be well maintained for this to be effective.I did not have a problem allbeit the existing roof was ten years old and i wanted a more effective covering,which was the rubberised system guaranteed for 30 years.I have been intouch twice asking for the guarantee and receipt but as yet to no avail.

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
Ok. But what's your specific question about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What steps must i take legally to get this situation resolved?Are they responsible?I take it they are but they are very slow to respond and with the problem unresolved it makes my property at risk of structural integrity.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

I have been asked to look at this for you. Have you now paid in full? How? Card?

Cash??

Is the faulty seal the roofers fault?

How much will it costs to fix?