How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Stuart J Your Own Question

Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 22618
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

Dear Sir I own a property with a relative. She wants to

Customer Question

Dear Sir
I own a property with a relative. She wants to sell i dont. I am also the injured party
because i was evicted and she owns two other properties. How can i prevent her selling the property..
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
On what basis were you evicted?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

alleged assault it was a false accusation

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
We need full backkground please as to why she wants to sell, why you dont and how you come to own the property together. As much info as possible please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Most of The information is still confidential..its our parents house I like

living there she wants to sell it for the money. I think my posiition is reasonable.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

This site is a public
forum, but no-one, including me, knows who you are.

Unless I know all
the information, my answer will not be accurate but based upon the information
that you have given I am already confused because you say that you are living
there (at least I think that's what you say) but you have been evicted, so I dont know if you are there or not. Between you, you inherited the
property from your parents.

So, based upon the
limited information that you give, and assuming that the property is awarded
50-50 to each of you in the will and that you are not granted the right to live
in the property for life or for any other period, and that this has not been
your home for most of your life, then if the other the relative applied to
court for an order for sale to compel you to sell the house, the chances are
that the house would be sold by court order and you would have to pay for all
the court and legal costs.

The situation
would be different had you lived in the property for a long period of time, but
not if you only moved in recently or in the last couple of years.

I really cannot
advise you any further unless I have more facts. I am happy to clarify any
individual points you wish to raise.

Can I help

Please don't forget to positively rate my

answer service (even if it was not what you wanted to hear) and I will follow

up any further points you raise for free. If you don't rate it positively, then

the site keep your deposit and I get 0 for my time. If in ratings you feel that

you expected more or it only helped a little, please ask me for further info

before rating me negatively otherwise I don't get paid at all for my time and


The thread remains open. Thanks for
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
For some reason, this appears in my "customer waiting" box. Can I assist you further?

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Remus2004



    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice.
< Previous | Next >
  • Remus2004's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice.
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law.
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
  • Lawyer/2013-10-8_19517_JAPROFILEPICTURE.64x64.jpg Aston Lawyer's Avatar

    Aston Lawyer


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
  • chatham-chamber's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • Clare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.

Related Property Law Questions