Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

hi i signed the house over to my ex, a year ago, we had a mortage

Customer Question

hi i signed the house over to my ex, a year ago, we had a mortage geva, which was done through te soilicors but on paper my name is XXXXX XXXXX i , what can i do to get my name off it or not av anything do with it
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Sorry could you explain what has happened to the mortgage?
claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi i spitl from the babys dad 14 months ago , we did a deed of seperation to say the house was his , signed all my rights over to him in return he paid money to me each month for his son, he broke that so had to ake him to the csa, thehouse is all his, but im stil on the mortage, can i remove my name or do something else has this is worrying me has he has threatend to sell the house n i would be in debt, im a single parent and no tworking

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Why would you be in debt if the house was sold?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we bought it for 72,950 and theres 69 left on it , my ex said we would owe 12 grand to them because of the housing prices , so we would be 6 grand in debt each

What piece of paper did you actually sign?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

a deed of seperation through the solictors to say the house is his, that i dntav any rights to it e.g if he sold the house i wouldnt get any money of it cuz i signed my part ov the house over to him

Were you married?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

NO , WE JUST HAD A CHILD TOGETHER

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no we wasnt

Did you receive legal advice when you signed this?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

solictor said this would be the best option, can i take my name off it tho since the house is his

Did you discuss with the solicitor how and when you would be released from the mortgage?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no he didnt say , we bought it in 2008 , whats ur advice , and its a 35year mortage

Sorry to ask again - was it a solicitor who was acting for you (not your ex) that you spoke to?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes a solictor

I know it was a solicitor but was it one who was instructed by you or by your ex?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hes never had a solicitor, i agreeded that with my solicitor and he drew it up , my ex was happy wid that so was signed, just from my point ov view is there somrthing else that can be done

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

goin have to go now , speak to u tomorrw

The solicitor who was acting for you should have made certain that there was a deadline by which you should be released from the mortgage and you should ask him/her to explain this to you.
In any the figures that you give for the value and the mortgage suggests that there would be no money to pay out if the house was sold and if there was then your ex would have to pay it according to the agreement that you have signed
Claire