Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

i rent a dog kenneling business situated 1.5miles up a very

Customer Question

i rent a dog kenneling business situated 1.5miles up a very basic forestry track from the town we live near. 0.6miles of this are owned by my landlord and is riddled with potholes and has a sloped section which has developed a constant flow of water onto it meaning that when temperatures drop it freezes and refreezes constantly which forms a mirror-like thick sheet of uphill ice virtually impossible to cross in nothing but a low ratio, snow tire equipped 4x4. Nothing relating to the track is mentioned in my lease and i am wondering where i stand in terms of whether i can push for this to be fixed. i have mentioned this problem to my landlord countless times and am always met with vague answers and solutions that never come around. I know of 3 clients in the last 4months that are lost purely based on not wanting to risk traveling up and back on the track (even without the ice) and these are only the ones good enough to let me know they were taking their custom elsewhere. my landlord knows about this and organised a tractor driver to come around 2 and a half months ago who worked for 3hrs and was supposed to return 3weeks later to dig drainage ditches and work on potholes and has not been back.
i would just like to know whether i have grounds to complain of this matter or if it is something that we just have to accept and deal with as we can.

thank you very much for your time.

Rachel.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Will the landlord let you fix it? Who else uses it?

Please bear with me today because I am online and off-line