Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I recently vacated a property and the letting agent has done

Customer Question

I recently vacated a property and the letting agent has done a property check, this was done after the landlord has been living in the property for 2 days and we have been invoiced for items we did not damage.

I consider most of the issues as general wear and tear, it states on our agreement that this will be accounted for but this does not seem to be the case. Are they in breach by not doing the property check within 5 days or by doing a check after someone else has been in the property. I firmly believe they are with-holding our money to carry out repairs that would have been required anyway. This property was not set up as a rental property and needed quite a bot of ongoing work done to it during our 2 year agreement.

Please help

Gareth
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
Thank your for your question. I will try to help with this.

What is the nature of the complaint?