Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

Hi. I would like to buy my brothers partner out of their mortgage

Customer Question

Hi. I would like to buy my brothers partner out of their mortgage as they have split. By putting my name on we would have to find another mortgage as current lender says i need to live in property under their rules. The only solution would be for his partner to get a contract drawn up to say she is giving up her 50% share to me when it comes to selling and i will pay mortgage payments etc with my brother. Is this a straighforward process?
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Yes what you are talking about is a Declaration of Trust which woudl state that whilst the property remains in their joint names they are holding ot for the benefit of your brother and you
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Claire. So it is all legal then. What do you advise i do to organise this?

Any local high street conveyancing firm will be able to assist with this
Claire