Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Rw.unfair bank charges-is it still possible to claim? Also,

Customer Question

Rw.unfair bank charges-is it still possible to claim? Also, can I claim for arrangement charges on my mortgage?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was a struggling single parent teacher for several years and constantly tipping into overdraft and incurring high bank charges (Lloyds TSB).

Also I had managed to get back onto the property ladder through shared ownership. My mortgage with the Halifax, which they suggested was fixed rate which incurred stiff fees and of course had to be renewed every couple of years incurring yet more fees! I feel somewhat agggrieved and would like to know if I might be able to claim these fees back.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Who arranged this for you?

Did you enter into it freely, knowing the consequences or was it mis-sold?

Who arranged it for you, a broker or did you visit the Halifax yourself

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I went to the local Halifax branch and it was arranged there. Later on I took out a Home Owner loan to do various work and was missold PPi which I have recovered from the Halifax. They are currently looking into my credit card charges which apparently also had PPI included. I am not sure what would constitute misselling with my mortgage.I have just completed on the sale of my house today and did not want to leave this without checking what my situation is. I had the mortgage for over ten years.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

I have emailed a colleague who deals with mortgage misselling . Hopefully she
will get back to me tomorrow.

I now have her reply and she said she will look at this for you. It is certainly nota DiY and there are less chances than PPI but worth looking at. Her name isXXXXX and she is here http://aegis-law.co.uk/aegis-online/

Dont use the contact link (it doesnt work) but call her personally.

I am not allowed to reccomend but klnow several people who have used her with no problems. Make your own mind up.

Can I help further? Please bear with me today because I will be online and off-

line.

Please don't forget to positively rate my answer service (even if it was not what you wanted to hear) and I will follow up any further points you raise for free. If you don't rate it positively, then the site keep your deposit and I get 0 for my time. If in ratings you feel that you expected more or it only helped a little, please ask me for further info before rating me negatively otherwise I don't get paid at all for my time and answer.
The thread remains open.