Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Two years conveyancing experience.
13113900

Is it legal to issue a tenant with a "tenancy agreement" on

Customer Question

Is it legal to issue a tenant with a "tenancy agreement" on a property that does not have a current "building completion certificate" issued by the local council planning department?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

You could rent the property but bare in mind two things:
1. If the council finds out you could be subject to an Enforcement Notice from building control and forced to remove the tenant;
2. If you are forced to remove the tenant you may be in breach of your tenancy agreement.

If there is a problem with obtaining the completion I would consider taking out and indemnity insurance policy against this risk before completing tenancy agreement.

Can I be of any further assistance?

AJ