Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

my son is now 23 and today i received aletter from the csa

Customer Question

my son is now 23 and today i received aletter from the csa asking for nearly £10.000 were do i stand
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions !Hi
How and why did the arrears arise?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

in 1992 my ex partner left me for another bloke i paid towards my sons keep and all was ok untill i asked her to start signing for payments she then decided to take me to court we went to court and i was ordered to pay £5 a week till he was 16 ayear or so later the csa began to get involved at the time i was in and out of work and dont think iwas able to make payments asking for

Then I am afraid arrears have arisen and the CSA are now enforcing them
Do not ignore them - they have very wide enforcement powers
You are entitled to a copy of your file under the Freedom Of Information Act which will allow you to check the calculations - but you will need to make some offer of settlement I am afraid
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how can the csa get involved if it was allready settled in court before the csa were developed

I am afraid that it is entirely possible for it to happen - especially if your ex was in the receipt of benefits
Claire