Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

I am buying a detached house in the Isle of Wight. 2.7 Acres,

Customer Question

I am buying a detached house in the Isle of Wight. 2.7 Acres, 2 stables and a menage. I want to get a static caravan for site near the house mainly for family and friends. What regulations must I follow? Do I need planning permission? Are there any ways around having to comply with too many regulations. Furthermore, If I want to let the caravan out to holiday makers do those regulations change and how so?
Expert:  WendyW-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

Wendy

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I can wait a week or so. I think I need a land lawyer who also understands the caravan Act and local authority regulations
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
This isnt a protected site and you are going to need full planning permission. If there was such a simple way around it everyone would do it. Sorry