Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

eight years ago l purchased a house then met my partner and

Customer Question

eight years ago l purchased a house then met my partner and three years ago we found a new house i put down £50.000 deposit and carried paying the morgage and all improvements eg cnservatory and all mantenance to the property and my partner paid some of the utility bills we have now desided to part can she expect to claim half of this property
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Did you execute a declaration of trust confirming you respective percentage interests in the property?

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes she put no money into the new house purchase only to agree to help with house hold bills i also bought her a £5.000 car and offered a money settlement of £10.000 and all household furniture all for her to keep but she stills insisting of half the house of witch means selling that means then icannot afford to buy another property or the other opption is to let it be prossessed then we will both be black listed

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

You have said that you did execute a declaration of trust. Please confirm what the declaration of trust stated?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

There is an answer waiting for you on your question page. To view the answer, simply visit your question page.

If necessary, you may reply to your Expert by typing into the text box located on the bottom of the question page and pressing Reply.

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Are you able to respond to the above post in order that I may provide you with an answer please?

Kind regards,

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Kind regards,

Tom