Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

We rent the house we live in through a estate agent the

Customer Question

we rent the house we live in through a estate agent the water tank in the loft has overflowed all the house is flooded who is responsable to put it right the landlord or tenent
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
Thank your for your question. I will try to help with this.
Do you know the cause of the overflow?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the water tank in the loft overflowed

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
what was the cause of that?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

I
understand that you have opted my colleague out. I don't know why because she
has not answer the question yet.

Why
did the tank in the loft overflow? Usually, there is an overflow pipe which
takes any surplus out through the side of the house and away from harm's way.

Why are you paying rent if not in occupation?

Are you insured for this?

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing. If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it was something to do with the ballcock it was not rising in the tank so the tank kept on filling with water the insurance company will not let the builders in the house because of the aspendos in the house they say that is up to the landlord to sort out they were having a meeting to day but what the outcome of that was we dont know they dont liase with each other we both work so we dont see them every day we got a cheque from our insurance company to pay for two more weeks at the hotel which does include breakfast and evening meal they said we could end up staying at the hotel for another month that is all i can tell you at the moment nothing seams to be moving fast

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the e-mail address im useing is my own i am the mother of the persons house that flooded my e-mail address is *****@******.*** every time i use my e-mail address to reply to you i get a message back saying this e-mail address has been used for another person this i the only e-mail address i can use as my daughters computer and my grandaughters lap top got flooded soin fucher i will contact you by my e-mail address thank you ***** *****

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the e-mail address im useing is my own i am the mother of the persons house that flooded my e-mail address is *****@******.*** every time i use my e-mail address to reply to you i get a message back saying this e-mail address has been used for another person this i the only e-mail address i can use as my daughters computer and my grandaughters lap top got flooded so in fucher i will contact you by my e-mail address thank you ***** *****

Please let me if you would ike us to continue to search for a Professional to assist you or whether you would like to close your question.