wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

Hi,Under the housing act 2004 a council officer has to deliver

Customer Question

Under the housing act 2004 a council officer has to deliver a Formal notice of inspection giving at least 24 hours notice!
If the notice is served at 3pm on a friday, and the Inspection is booked for 10.30am on the following Monday, is the notice legal or illegal???? ie does it have to be working hours notice or not???
many thanks,
Wendy Cimino (Land lady)
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 4 years ago.
Hello. The notice in this case is lawful and correct, I'm afraid. The appointment doesn't have to be in working hours, and the council actually has a right of entry if they think the potential problem is an emergency. Sorry! Please don't forget to leave a rating, or JA won't pay me for helping you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Many thanks for your answer, not the answer I wanted, but the law is the law,

many thanxxxxx

Yes, sorry! Thanks for using Just Answer. If you have any further legal problems, please request me, Wingrovebuyer. Best wishes, WB.