How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 22624
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

I live in a lease hold flat. The block is management by an

Customer Question

I live in a lease hold flat. The block is management by an agency.
There has been a damaged planter on site for over 6 months. I emailed the agent/freeholder to fix it with no response/action. The fees are paid regularly by 35 flats and on average of 2400/month. This particular damage can be claimed on the insurance of the vehicle that damaged it.
I need help writing a letter to them with the following course of action:
1- If I don’t see signs of work in the next 14 days I will pursue an official complaint against them with the association of registered managing agents (ARMA)
2- I will fix it myself and deduct the money from the upcoming fees.
3- I could take them to court and force them to fix it.
I have spoken to the leasehold advisory and they said these are my options. But I’m not quite sure how to write the letter to encourage them to fix it rather than work against them.
Help in writing this letter would be appreciated.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Nicola

Its just the wording of letter that I cant manage as English is not my first language.

Im happy to wait as no one else answered yet


Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

We are unable to draft letters for you but will comment on your own

To be frank, what you have already written forms the basis of an excellent

However you are not entitled to withhold service charge so although you can
threaten 2, you cannot do it.

If you want to cut and paste your letter, we will move it around for you.

Can I help further?

Please bear with me today because I am online and off-line. Please don't
forget to positively rate my answer service (even if it was not what you want to
hear). If you don't rate it positively, then the site keep your deposit and I
get 0 for my time. It is imperative that you give my answer a positive rating.
It doesn't give me "a pat on the head", "good boy" (like ebay), it is my

If in ratings you feel that you expected more or it only helped a little,
please ask.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

But my request was for a letter to be drafted as I have already confirmed the options with the lease hold advisory.

Its just the wording of the letter that I have no time to do. My first language is not English and it will take me long to write it.


Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
I see my colleague has opted out. I am very sorry but we cannot draft documents for you under the rules of this site.
Its not actually in your interests anyway as drafting is a very specialist task requiring full vision of the case

Related Property Law Questions