Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

whose responsibility is it to keep dog out of your garden?

Customer Question

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
Thank your for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the end of my garden has conifer trees with gaps at the bottom which my dog managed to get thru today. The bottom of the garden is the neighbour's boundary fence but there is no fence there at all. My dog is usually kept on a lead to prevent her form straying into their garden but my partner took her into our house to feed her and forgot to close the patio doors so when he let her off the lead she ran with all possible haste into our garden and through the gaps into our neighbour's garden. My partner went immediately to attempt to get her back while i remained and called her but without success. I went to the neighbours's garden and managed to get hold of the one year old and bring her home. The neighbour has been most unfriendly and has accused me of being irresponsible. I have owned this dog for almost one year and this has never happened before. Who is responsible for keeping the dog from going through her boundary? Thanks for your help.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have already submitted the information and get a message saying my email address has already been used by another person which is rather odd because it is my email address and no-one else's.

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
Has the dog caused any damage in their garden?