Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

HI, My husband has a mortgage with a former partner, she remains

Customer Question

HI, My husband has a mortgage with a former partner, she remains in the house but has not paid the mortgage for April. My husband has been in touch with the lender and requested that they go onto interest only but the lender says they will only do interest only for 18months.
The arrangement was that his former partner pay the mortgage but now she says she cant afford it due to reduced help from the state.
My husband cannot pay, his ex partner wants to extend the term of the mortgage but he doesnt want to because he will be tied into the mortgage with her for even longer than he is now.
He will only do it if she agrees to sign an agreement that the house is sold when the youngest child is 18 ( 6 years time ) but she says she wants a larger % of the profit. My husband just wants to splt the profit 50/50 but she is being so diffcult.
What can he do? does he need to see a lawyer to write to his ex?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Does she have children living with her?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

YES, the youngest is 18 in 6 years time, and my husband pays csa for them - at her request. He offered to pay the mortgage at the outset but she declined

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

I am going to opt out for another expert. Please don't reply or it comes back to me.

It is now open to all.