Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

i WAS ROBBED IN 2010.BREAKK AND ENTRY.POLICE IMMEDIATELY ON

Customer Question

i WAS ROBBED IN 2010.BREAKK AND ENTRY.POLICE IMMEDIATELY ON SCENE. DESPITE WITNESSES RECOGNIZINBG SUSPECT, CASE WAS LOST IN 2012.
THE STOLEN STATUES HAVE NOW APPEARED IN "THE fURNITURE CAVE" IN THE KINGS rOAD LONDON. tHGIS WAS REPORTED TOTHE POLICE WHO VISITED AROUNDmARCH 6TH-7TH.

iCALLED THE POLICE AND RECIEVED LITTLE ADVICE. i THEN CALLED THE POLICE COMPLAINTS COMMISSION WHO REDIREDECTED METOANOTHER SECTION.i WAS TOLD THAT ARTICLES BOUGHT IN GOOD FAITH ARE EXCLUDED.i CALLED HAMMERSMITH POLICE STATION AND THEY TOLD ME THGAT THEY HAVE CLOSED THE CASE IN APRIL- AFTER MY ASKING ADVICE.

THIS WAS A WELLDOCUMENTED CRIME.THE DEALERS IN CHELSEA ARE OFFERING TOI SELLUS BACK THE OBJECTS. i PAID 2,000 POUNDS FOR TWO STATUES- THEY WANT £600- (WHICH THEY PAID. mY FRIENDS £50,000 (HE THINKS,THEY WANT £4,000.

mY ANTIQUE AND SOLICITOR FRIENDS CANNOT BELIEVE THIS CAN BE THE CASE.MY DOORS WERE BROKEN DOWN WHILST I WAS WORKING. I AM AN O0LD-AGE PENSIONEWR AND THESE WERE OUR TREASURES.

a/ DO TH PUBLIC KNOW THIS STRANGE LAW.

B/WHYDID THE POLICE CLOSE THE CASE IMMEDIATELY THEY WERE FOUND.
c/SURELY BUYERS HAVE TOPRODUCE RECEIPTS AND ACKNOWLEDGE THE SOURCE.
D/ HOW CAN I PROCEED. WE HAVE THE DOCUMENTATION AND NOW WE ARE BEING ASKED TOBUY BACK OUR STOLEN PROPERTY.SURELY THIS IS NOT THE LAW.

IF WE HAVE NO CASE THEN CERTAINLY WE MUST MAKE THE BRITISH PUBLIC AWARE THAT THIS PECUILAR QUIRKOF JUSTICE EXISTS.I AM BEWILDERED AND SO ARE MY LEGAL AND ANTIQUE DEALER FRIENDS.

I WOULDLOVE SOME ADVICE,SINCERELY, XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
Thank your for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Would you mind turning your caps lock off ? Its very hard to read.

What would you like to know about this case?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

JOMO1972

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.

Can I have with this robbery?

What would you like to know?