wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

I own a sea front property the deeds state we own up to the

Customer Question

I own a sea front property the deeds state we own up to the mean high tide line, the council maintain the beach. Can we keep our fishing boat on the beach? And can we request no kite surfing in front of the houses? At the moment the council are stopping us from doing this and having a bonfire of garden cutting wish we felt was less anti social than burning in our garden.
Please help the council are making our lives a misery, they even prevented are kids raft from being kept on the beach.
Thanks A
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 4 years ago.

wingrovebuyer : Hello. Has the council given you any reason for why they think ey have some control over your beach?
JACUSTOMER-1g7gader- : Because they lease the foreshore from the crown, I believe the crown own from high tide to low tide, they also built a sea wall in front of the residents gardens which is hidden by shingle . Yet my deeds state allow access and up the high tide line ?
JACUSTOMER-1g7gader- : Sorry they have not given a reason my previous answer was me guessing !
JACUSTOMER-1g7gader- : Hello , are you still on line?
wingrovebuyer : Yes, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX off. Hope that's ok.
JACUSTOMER-1g7gader- : Yes fine thank you
wingrovebuyer : I think there's also a fault with the site, but we'll try to continue!
wingrovebuyer : Hello? Do you still require help?