wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

We parked in a disused area of land for over 12 years and our

Customer Question

We parked in a disused area of land for over 12 years and our predecessors in title also for a further 10 years.Due to pressure from the parish council suffolk county council decided that this ground was highway even though it is covered in grass with a electricity post in the middle.Durning the dispute we were offered 4 spaces in the local car park directly opposite our building.We did not ask for this offer in writing but Suffolk County legal department did later confirm that an agreement did take place and that we were given 4 designated places.They now deny that any agreement exists even though we have a letter from them confirming same. My problem is that i do not have the verbal agreement in writing.I placed a unilateral notice on the land to protect my spaces and this is now disputed.
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 4 years ago.

wingrovebuyer : Hello. The verbal agreement should be sufficient, although things are always better done in writing. Why is the council now denying the agreement?
Hello. I've switched us to q and a as I think there's a fault with live chat.