Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

We live in retirement housing and have an assured tenancy agreement

Customer Question

We live in retirement housing and have an assured tenancy agreement signed between ourselves and a private landlord 3 years ago. This is not an assured shorthold tenancy and has no time limit on it. The landlord is looking to sell the property and the estate agents legal department are saying that this is no longer a valid tenancy and should have been shorthold. They are suggesting that after 1991 this type of tenancy doesn't exist but we copied the tenancy used by Peverel Housing designed specifically for this type of building.

1. Is it legal to have an assured tenancy?

2. Where can I find a solicitor specialising in tenancy law in the Canterbury/ Kent/London area who can check the tenancy for us and confirm that it complies with current legislation
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.

Josh-2010 :

Do you have a copy of the document in question you can upload or point me to the precedent?

Josh-2010 :

Do you still require assistance with this please? I would be delighted to assist you if you do. I trust you can read my above post? Please let me know if I can be of any help to you whatsoever. Kind regards