wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

i have an eviction date for my house repossession set for 4th

Customer Question

i have an eviction date for my house repossession set for 4th june 2013 if I exchange contracts with my buyer before that date will the eviction have to be cancelled the lender is kensington
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 4 years ago.

wingrovebuyer : Hello. No, exchange would not end proceedings, as the money is still owed until completion and the charge is still in place, with e power to reposses. you would need to repay the mortgage to end the proceedings. However, the lender may agree to suspend proceedings by agreeing to an adjournment, on the basis you have exchanged and you have a set date on which they will be repaid in full. Your solicitor should contact the lender and advise them of the exchange and ask for proceedings to be adjourned by a month or two to allow for completion.