Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

Can I do a deed of variation on part of a will or does it have

Customer Question

Can I do a deed of variation on part of a will or does it have to be on the whole will?
Thank you for your question, I shall do my best to assist you.
A Deed of Variation can cover a clause a specific part of a clause or the whole Will - all that is needed is the agreement of the Executors and the Beneficiaries
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further clarification
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So my brother can do a deed of variation on his part of the will. There are 3 beneficiaries ad he is entitled to 1/3 of the will trust. He wants to do a deed of variation on his share and pass it down to his children.

A deed of Variation can be done dealing with just that yes - but it needs to be signed by everyone?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you

You are most welcome - good luck
Claire