Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

crimes commited fraud arrears with rent and damege done to

Customer Question

crimes commited fraud arrears with rent and damege done to my house by a tenant his tenance was up 6 months ago can i get him out asap.thanks
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today.

You cannot change locks without warrant for possession to evict them. You wont get warrant without order for possession.

Your 1st step is to apply to court for possession under s21. I would also send s8 notice now and if the s21 fails you can fall back on the s8 notice (for arrears). Once you have the order for posession you then apply tfor a further order to evict them if they still dont move out.

Does that answer the question?

I am happy to follow up any individual point you make.
I am online and off-line each day and most weekends so please bear with me if I do not come back to you within nanoseconds.