Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I own a prestigeous property in Mevagissey Cornwall.My next

Customer Question

I own a prestigeous property in Mevagissey Cornwall.My next door neighbour has just been granted a licence by the local council to serve drinks to the public and have outside music until 11pm at night.They also intend to cater for weddings and other functions for over 100 people.This is in a quiet residential area.They have parking facilities for 4 vehicles,including their own vehicles.The road to all properties is single lane.Their house is newly converted and they have doubled the floor area.Their terrace is higher than ours and some ten feet away from ours.they have a clear view into our sittig room,front bedroom and our terrace.I would guess they have devalued our property by some £400,000.We will be subject to late night drinking with the noise that entails and music late at night.We had this house built as a retreat from our busy life in London and now they have destroyed our enviroment and our peace.I feel they have violated our human right to a reaceful environment.Can I do anything to sort this out?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

Would any other resident join in a legal action?

Have you had the property valued before and after?

It seems most odd. If they have parking for 4 cars how are they going to run these functions.

Recently converted to what? Can we have full background please?

Thnaks