Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I have an interim charging order hearing coming on soon. How

Customer Question

I have an interim charging order hearing coming on soon.
How do I defend myself against this order?
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
Do you accept that you owe the debt and on what basis do you object to the Order
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There are 2 issues here:

1. I accepted owing the money.And the Court accepted I should be paying by instalment of £10 monthly which is on-going.

2. I objected to the Notice of Application to register a resctriction against my land/property.

How much is the debt and what is your objection to the restriction
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The amount on the Judgement for Claimant is £3,765.35 and to pay by instalment of £10.00pm

My objection is not to attach the debt to my property

But what is your specific objection - how will this effect you?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My specific objection is objection to a Notice served by the land registry on an application to register a restriction against my land/property

OBJECTION TO APPLICATION TO REGISTER A RESTRICTION AGAINST THE LAND

My objection is not to put my property at risk

I understand that
However you have an acknowledged debt that is going to take you more than 25 years to repay at the current rate.
Your creditor wishes to be sure that if the house is ever sold they will be paid off immediately
The Court is likely to see that as a reasonable request.
What you need to do is give a reason to the court why this would put you at risk and why it is an unreasonable request.
One reason to object would be that there is Negative Equity - or that there are ongoing divorce proceedings - or even that the company has a history of taking possession proceedings when payments are being maintained.
What you cannot do is simply say that I am paying so they do not need it
I hope that this is of assistance - if you need further details please explain your concerns and I will give more details
Claire
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.